Sunday, May 17, 2009

[from my myspace] What humanity seems to be interested in....

[intro]
I used myspace.com blogs for the past few years for my randomly-spaced blogging. Therefore, I am jumpstarting my blog here with most of those blogs, lightly edited.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original posting: Monday, May 22, 2006, 1:52 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to start off by saying I'm not too incredibly fond of the font "Arial," which is what this font is. I chose to make this Rant this font because I seem to leave this font out a lot, so to make it feel less left out ... I'm using it. But the font "Arial" shouldn't get its hopes up because I still don't like it too much. Times Roman Numeral so kicks Arial up the behind.

Times Roman Numeral is just that much better because there are little decoration things on each letter, while Arial is just the letter and that's it. It's so simple and boh-ring.

Moving onward, I've compiled a list of items I think are unexciting and overrated:
1) Graduations
2) Weddings
3) Prom
4) High School
5) College
6) Education in general
7) Births
8) Organized Religion
9) Controversy over stupid things that shouldn't have controversy over them anyway
(like abortion--it should be made legal) (or stem cell research--legalize it!) (clones--make it legal) (gay marriage--legalize) (non-monogamous marriages--if all parties involved are up for it, legalize it!) (legal political borders--get rid of them) (a currency system--fundamentally flawed) ("environmentalism"--stupid idea) (feminism--had the right idea, but currently is absolutely all wrong) (racism--don't know why it even exists) (sexist people--idiots) (bisexuality--everyone ought to be bisexual because then there wouldn't be sexist people because everyone would view both genders equally ... hahaha....) (capital punishment--kill the wrong-doers) ("legal" ages for things such as the all-important 16, 18, or 21--an age is an age is all it is) (religious wars--what???) (those stupid strict radical religious zealots--should be shot ... you know, to quickly get to heaven or the "afterlife" or whatever they believe in, of course) (whoa.... I went off on a tangent....)
10) Alchemy or alchemy-like concepts (get rich fast schemes or the like)
11) Grades
12) Money
13) Fame
14) Power
15) Sleep
16) "Independence"
17) Hollywood
18) the A-list
19) Celebrities
20) Pop Culture (pshhh....)
21) E!
22) Oprah
23) Models
24) Reality Television
25) American Idol (this show should be shot)
26) Funerals
27) Corporate World
28) Degrees
29) Clothes
30) the Concept of "Family"
31) that stupid book The Grapes of Wrath (oh god ... "fambly," remember that to all those that read it? So annoying....)
32) "Making a Living"
33) Statistics
34) Democracy
35) Government in general
36) "Privacy"
37) Pleading innocent on reason of insanity
38) Court cases
39) Law
40) the Concepts of a "Nation," a "State," and the like
41) Frontiers (such as the American West in the old days or outer space or deep in the jungles or the bottom of the sea)
42) Language (it's a mental trap if ever there was one. I mean, once you learn a language, you learn it forever. Everytime you see lines and squiggles that resemble the letter "E" or something, you think of the letter "E." Kind of disgusting, huh?)
43) the Order the Alphabet Is In
44) Long Lists of Seemingly Random Schtuff

Okay, so I'm stopping now because it's late. I was going to write about what my Rant says the Topic is, but after I somewhat spilled my guts about Arial and Times New Roman, I decided against it. Then I also decided that I wouldn't change the Topic/Subject thing. And then I went crazy making this loooong list of things. Then I explained my entire thought process while making it all up (in this paragraph). Then I ended everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment