Sunday, May 17, 2009

[from my myspace] Why is it "The Box"?

[intro]
I used myspace.com blogs for the past few years for my randomly-spaced blogging. Therefore, I am jumpstarting my blog here with most of those blogs, lightly edited.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original posting: Saturday, March 11, 2006, 7:57 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, yes, another moment to spill a reflection of my mind on a computer screen. SPLAT! (You know, like a bug splatting on a car going at fast speeds.) It is now the first full day of Spring Break--yep, it renders capitalization as if it's a proper noun or some crazy awesomeness that's similar. I ate a large lunch and drank lots of water, and I still feel full-ish, but I guess I could eat a snack 'fore actual dinner.

As I wasn't saying, it has occurred to me on somewhat occasional (and irregularly-spaced) circumstances and situations and times that when a person thinks creatively or just out-there innovationally, people refer to the awe-inspiring thinking as "out of the box." Here, a quandary presents itself. In fact, it juts up into conscious thinking like the tip of an iceberg juts rudely above a serene ocean surface.

The issue is ...

Speaking of being completely random, I went to a garage sale earlier today before I ate a late lunch at almost 3ish. I got two computer programs for $2 total: this Trade Empires game and this 10,000 clipart thing. Also, I got a funny book that I got due to its grand title: The I Hate Mathematics! Book. And for only 50 cents, who wouldn't get it??? That's right, non-humans that actually enjoy the boringness of math. Those crazy aliens....

But in all fairness, aliens are really pretty magnificent--aside from their liking of math, of course. They fly around in saucers. They are "Unidentified" by humans. They probe at unsuspecting humans. I mean, they're aliens for crying out loud! If you can't find the time to enjoy the existence of extraterrestrials, then, well, uh ... YOU'RE AN ALIEN yourself!! So hah! I insulted you extremely badly there!

I also find that people should believe in mythological creatures as well. Otherwise, you'd just be a rational, logical, science-minded individual that is boring as hell. (Figure of speech--hell is actually quite interesting. I used "hell" in its meaning of such people being RADICALLY and UNIMAGINATIVELY boring.) Trolls, dragons, elves, witches, magical spells, potions, interdimensional portals, flying humans ... you name it, and it should exist! And not in one's imagination either, like the aforementioned BOH-RING people would be so quick to accuse.

Without further anticipation building like a once-thought-dormant volcano about to erupt and kill everything within miles of it--more than kill ... burn them into nothingness!--I shall now reveal that thing that the issue is of that I brought up but didn't reveal nearer to the beginning of this literatural masterpiece of masterpieces.

The problem is Why is it "The Box"? Why not a circle, a square, a sphere, a pyramid, a cone, a triangle? And why be limited to shapes? Why not such phrases as "You think out of the mind," "Your thinking is like the probability of a human existing at the beginning to time," or "Chakoooooo!" meaning outrageous thinking?

I know for a fact that in this funny book based on the popular (I like to think so) sitcom 3rd Rock from the Sun, they explain the universe as being contained in a black box. It said that humans actually don't know this yet because they're stupid or some reason that I have forgotten as it has been a long time since I flipped through that hilarious book. It went on further to explain that once you reach the edge of the Box that the Universe is contained in, you miraculously transport to the complete opposite side of the Universe. So if you reach the top of the universe and keep going, you end up in the bottom, still going up.

I think that it's the "box" (for the thinking thing) because it's an easy word. It's simple. Who learns the word "sphere" before "box"? Why pick a 2-D shape such as a square rather than the 3-D worthiness of a box? Such phrases such as "That idea is so out there!" even are similar to the phrase "out of the box thinking." It just makes sense.

All in all, I didn't really theorize why it's the box. In the end, I just made suggestions and wasted your time. Without a doubt, your life would have been no different had you not read this Rant. Well, minus the fact that you just wasted a few minutes of your life and now you're wondering why it really is the Box. Hahaha, you got trapped in the Box of curiosity!!! I laugh at you from the coolness of the outside, you inside-the-box person (alien?), you!

Currently reading:
3rd Rock from the Sun: A Carsey-Werner Production
By Terry Turner
Release date: November, 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment